January 5, 2021
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday January 5, 2021 @ 7:30pm.
Members Present: Gerry Karpen, Darrin Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Absent: Lee Ellis
Karpen called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda- motion by Trower to approval the agenda, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried.
Minutes of the December 1, 2020 meeting were read—Trower made a motion to approve the minutes as read, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried.
The Treasurers report was read—Trower made a motion to approve the Treasurers report as read, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried
Claims Approved to be paid:
Minnehaha Community Water $30.00 water, Xcel Energy $283.96 for street lights, $28.75 park lights, $54.31 town hall lights, Garretson Gazette $17.34 for November minutes, SECOG $208.00 for 2021 annual dues, Jesse James $27.55 for 13.1 gal of gas, Dell Rapids Law Firm $20.00 for annual dues and $60.00 legal fees, Palisades Propane $307.13 for 267.3 gals of propane, Lucas Swenson $91.00 for 7hrs of plowing, Cheryl Swenson $24.48 for battery for laptop, Kristy Trower $10.61 for keys.
1. Ordinance of tree pile—working on
2. V-plow—tabled until next month
3. Text messages—Ellis is working on it.
1. Set salaries for the year—Trower made a motion to set council members at $30.00 a meeting and President at $35.00, Treasurer at $300.00 every six months, Clerk at $300.00 every six months, 2nd by Karpen –all Ayes, motion carried.
2. Appoint Town Clerk, Treasurer, Paper and City attorney—Motion by Trower to keep Chery Swenson as Clerk and Treasurer, Garretson Gazette as paper and Dean Hammer as city attorney, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried.
3. Rental of tables, chairs and town hall—Motion by Trower to keep it the same, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried.
4. Rezoning applications cost: Trower made a motion to keep it the same, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes, motion carried.
5. Publish board vacancy for two consecutive weeks ( Jan. 14th and 21st), earliest day to file petition is Jan 22nd 2021 and the deadline for petition is Feb 26th 2021 at 5:00 pm.
Trower made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Karpen—all Ayes.
Next regular meeting will be Tuesday February 2, 2021 @7:30pm.
Town Clerk Cheryl Swenson