August 4, 2020
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday August 4, 2020 @ 7:30pm.
Members Present: Darrin Trower, Gerry Karpen and Cheryl Swenson.
Members absent: Lee Ellis
Karpen called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda- motion by Trower to approval the agenda, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes, motion carried.
Minutes of the July 7, 2020 meeting were read—Trower made a motion to approve the minutes as read, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes, motion carried.
The Treasurers report was read—Trower made a motion to approve the Treasurers report as read, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes, motion carried
Claims Approved to be paid:
Minnehaha Community Water $30.00 water, Xcel Energy $275.74 street lights, $27.70 park lights, $29.29 town hall lights, Garretson Gazette $22.82 June minutes, SDPPA $2,178.59 insurance, Bill Benson $120.00 3x mowing, Darrin Trower $160.00 4x mowing Strom Park $120.00 4x mowing city lot, Cheryl Swenson $55.00 stamps, Luke Bonte $180.00 6x mowing Tiger Park.
1. Town clean-up day—Town clean up days is set to start on Sept 11, 2020
2. Town Hall Eaves- eaves just need to be put up
1. Insurance audit- need sand around playground equipment in Strom Park, need fire extinguisher and first aide kit in snow plow. Swenson will get a first aid kit together, Trower will look into some sand and Karpen will look into our fire extinguishers.
2. Dumping ordinance for tree pile—Karpen would like an ordinance for tree pile, having problems with people other than Sherman residents dumping trees. Motion by Trower to get an ordinance drawn up, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes motion carried.
3. Discarded eave material—Trower will take of
4. Street gutters—need to clean street gutters—will set a work date next month.
5. Budget- First reading
Trower made a motion to adjourn meeting, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes, motion carried.
Next regular meeting will be September 1, 2020 @ 7:30pm.
Cheryl Swenson Town Clerk