June 4, 2019
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday June 4, 2019 @ 7:30pm.
Members Present: Lee Ellis, Gerry Karpen, Darrin Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Others Present: Kara Duncan
Approval of the Agenda: Karpen made a motion to approve the agenda, 2nd by Trower—all ayes
Minutes of the May 7, 2019 were read and approved. Motion by Karpen to approve minutes, 2nd by Trower—all ayes.
Treasurers Report was read and approved. Motion by Karpen to approve Treasurers report, 2nd by Trower—all ayes
Claims approved to be paid:
Xcel Energy $261.04 street lights, $27.94 park lights, and $40.14 town hall lights, Minnehaha Community Water $30.00 water, Buffalo Ridge Concrete $750.00 72 yards of rock and $519.00 for hauling rocks, Garretson Gazette $21.90 April minutes, Bill Benson $120.00 3x mowing, Cheryl Swenson $250.00 Treasurer salary, $250.00 clerk salary, Lee Ellis $150.00 5 meetings, $20.22 tarp, Gerry Karpen $150.00 6 meetings, $100.00 zoning salary, $212.71 tank and valve, Luke Bonte $150.00 5x mowing, Darrin Trower $150.00 6 meetings, $135.20 3x mowing Town Hall and grass seed, $140.00 3x mowing Strom Park, Grant Duncan $65.00 5 hrs labor, $172.50 gas for skid loader and tractor.
1. Gravel- waiting for streets to dry up some before getting the gravel.
2. Facet and cabinet- tabled
3. Pumper Truck- received 1 bid for $547.00. Karpen made a motion to accept the bid, 2nd by Trower-all ayes
4. Stainless steel tank- tank is here and ready to put on
5. Stone for Tiger Park- Swenson will get some bids on a stone
1. Crushed rock- Ellis would like to get 2 loads of crushed granite with fines in it to help fill the soft spots in the road-Karpen made a motion to buy 2 loads of granite, 2nd by Trower-all ayes.
3. Spraying for mosquitos-Karpen made a motion to have Nathan Braun spray for mosquitos as needed, 2nd by Trower-all ayes
4. Ink- Karpen made a motion to buy ink for Swenson’s printer, 2nd by Trower-all ayes.
5. Tree- there is a dead tree with its roots coming up and leaning against another tree on the property of 1st and Packard, there are some concerns it will fall on someone. Discussed with residents.
6. Bullet Malt Beverage License-Karpen made a motion to accept the Malt Beverage License for the Bullet, 2nd by Trower-all ayes
Motion by Karpen to adjourn meeting, 2nd by Trower-all ayes. Next regular meeting will be Tuesday July 2, 2019 @ 7:30pm.