July 2, 2019
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday July 2, 2019 @ 7:30pm.
Members Present: Lee Ellis, Gerry Karpen, Darrin Trower, and Cheryl Swenson.
Others Present: Kristy Trower
Ellis called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda: Motion by Karpen to approve agenda, 2nd by Trower—all ayes
Minutes of the June 4, 2019 meeting was approved as read- Motion by Karpen to approve minutes, 2nd by Trower—all ayes
The Treasurer’s report was approved as read- Motion by Karpen to approve Treasurer’s report, 2nd by Trower—all ayes
Claims Approved to be paid:
Department of Revenue $150.00 alcoholic beverage license, Minnehaha Community Water $37.50 water, Xcel Energy $260.58 street lights, $27.88 park lights, $37.93 town hall lights, Chris Geraets Hauling $439.83 crushed rock, $150.00 hauling, Garretson Gazette $25.86 May minutes, $27.60 notice of sale pumper truck, $21.29 notice of Comprehensive plan, Cheryl Swenson $25.54 2 inks, Bill Benson $160.00 4x mowing, Boltes Sunrise Sanitary Service $675.20 2 dumpsters, Darrin Trower $200.00 5x mowing Strom Park, $175.00 5x mowing city lots.
1. Stone for Tiger Park—still working on
2. Crushed rock—crushed rock has been put down. Ellis is getting a crew together to help pick up the bigger rocks.
1. Gravel—Ellis would like approval to get an additional 5 loads of gravel for a total of 15 loads for the streets. Karpen madea motion to approve an additional 5 loads of gravel, 2nd by Trower—all ayes.
2. Battery for Antique fire truck—Karpen got a new battery for fire truck and would like to get reimbursed. Trower made a motion to reimburse Karpen for battery and to take it out of the improvement fund, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes.
3. Tires for Antique Fire Truck- Karpen would like to get 2 new tires for the antique fire truck—Karpen made a motion to spend $600.00 on tires and to take it out of the improvement fund, 2nd by Trower—all ayes.
4. SDPPA survey—Karpen will fill it out and send back in.
5. Set date for Sherman annual picnic—Picnic will be Aug. 18, 2019 @ 1:00 at the picnic shelter. Trower made a motion to spend $300.00 on food for the picnic, 2nd by Karpen—all ayes
6. Comprehensive Zoning Plan Resolution—The Comprehensive Zoning Plan Resolution was held at 8:00pm. Held the meeting open for seven minutes for any questions. Karpen made a motion to approve the Comprehensive Zoning Plan Resolution, 2nd by Trower—all ayes.
Motion by Karpen to adjourn meeting, 2nd by Trower—all ayes. Next regular meetingTuesday August 6, 2019 @ 7:30pm.