January 8, 2019
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday Jan. 8, 2019 @ 7:30 pm.
Members Present: Lee Ellis, Gerry Karpen, Darren Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Others Present: Kara Duncan, Kristy Trower, Sandee Sutton and Robin Berg.
Ellis called the meeting to order.
Approval of the Agenda—motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes
Minutes of the Dec. 11, 2018 were read and approved—motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
Treasurer’s report was read and approved—motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower.
Claims Approved to be Paid:
Kibble Equipment $562.41 snowplow batteries, Xcel Energy $263.32 street lights, $28.24 park lights
$43.73 town hall lights, Palisades Propane $158.01 propane, SECOG $203.00 membership dues,
Garretson Gazette $17.64 Dec minutes, Jesse James $41.67 14.1 gals of diesel, $12.58 2 quarts of oil.
1. Planning Commission & Comprehensive Zoning Plan—Swenson has emailed contact person, hasn’t heard back yet.
1. Set salaries for 2019—will stay the same. President will receive $30.00 per meeting, Trustees will receive $25.00 per meeting, Town Clerk and Treasurer $500.00 each a year, Zoning Administrator $200.00 per year. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes
2. Appointments—Town Clerk & Treasurer, Cheryl Swenson, Town paper, Garretson Gazette, Town Attorney, Dean Hammer. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
3. Town Hall may be rented out for $20.00 includes tables and chairs. Tables and chairs can be rented out separate for $10.00. Town Hall use is free for Sherman residents. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
4. Rezoning applications cost $50.00--$10.00 for application, $20.00 for each ad in the Garretson Gazette. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3ayes.
5. Publish Board Vacancy—One three-year term and one two-year term on the Sherman Town Board. Deadline for filing nominations is Feb. 22, 2019 at 5:00 pm. Earliest date to begin circulation is Jan. 25, 2019. Petitions may be obtained and must be returned to the Town Clerk by calling 605-594-3714 or 605-201-1340 Cheryl Swenson Town Clerk.
6. Additional clerk pay of $41.66 —Swenson was only paid for 5 months—motion by Karpen to pay 1 additional month to Swenson, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes
7. Snowplowing—Discussion was held on using an outside contractor for plowing. Town plow had broke down and outside snow removal had to be called in for the recent snow. Plow has been now fixed. Karpen made a motion to use R&R Snow Removal for now until we advertise for bids for snow removal, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes
Motion by Karpen to adjourn, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes. The next regular meeting will be Tuesday February 5, 2019 @ 7:30 pm.