January 4th, 2011
The Sherman Town Board met in
regular session Tuesday, January 04, 2011, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson, and Danessa Keener.
The Agenda was approved.
Minutes of the December 07, 2010, meeting were read and approved.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Xcel Energy, 242.80 for lights; Minnehaha Community Water, 25.00 for water; Kevin Swenson, 67.50 for 7 and ˝ hours of snow plowing; Jesse James, 77.27 and 42.03 for diesel; Anderson Publications, 8.25 and 27.73 for December minutes and Board of Adjustment announcement; Palisades Propane, 377.79 for propane; Robin Berg, 52.98 for Christmas party supplies; Brian Berg, 45.00 for snow removal.
1. Snow removal was addressed and no changes made.
2. Review of burn notice was tabled until April
3. Christmas party results were noted.
Salaries were set for the year, with no changes. Equipment driver’s wages were raised starting
January 4, 2011 to $12.00/hr; motion by Berg, second by
2. Appoint Town Clerk, Treasurer, City Attorney, and newspaper: no changes were made, motion by Berg, second by Benson.
3. Board vacancies: one three year term for trustee
4. Discussed advertising cost for rezoning, rental of table and chairs, and fire hall. Rezoning applications cost $50.00, ten dollars for application and twenty dollars for each add. Table and chairs can be rented for $10 and the fire hall can be rented for $20; motion by Berg, second by Benson.
5. Fuel delivered versus going to town for snow plow was addressed and no changes made.
6. Paper from Minnehaha County Auditor of breakdown of tax entities was presented and will be filed accordingly.
Motion by Berg to adjourn, second by Benson
The next regular meeting will be February 1, 2011, 7:30 pm