May 2, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, May 2,
2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Bill Benson, Gerry Karpen, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
Others present: Sandee Sutton, John Eslinger, Dwana Eslinger and Virgil Inglett.
Minutes of the April 4, 2005, meeting were read and approved.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, March meeting minutes, $33.29; Xcel Energy, electricity, $192.71 and $18.89; Brian Berg, 2 times mowing city lot, $50.00; Virgil Inglett, mowing and park clean up, $60.00; Rodman Welding, welding park slide, $88.96; Neil Winterton, oil, $39.72.
1. Safety Benefits. The slide has been repaired. Pea gravel still needs to be placed under the swings.
2. Road repairs. Culverts need to be cleaned and repaired.
3. Ambulance District. Garretson hired a paramedic and an EMT to work days.
permit. Dean Hammer, attorney, returned
Dean Wilson’s building permit application for Lot 1, Block 7, with a letter
explaining it was being returned because
1. Trustee. Sandee Sutton was sworn in as Trustee for a three-year term on the Board.
2. Board President. Motion by Sutton, second by Karpen, to appoint Berg as President of the Town Board.
of Adjustment. Motion by Karpen, second
by Benson, to confirm that the Board of Trustees is the Board of Adjustment for
the Town of
4. Park Grants. Karpen has found a grant opportunity for playground equipment. The Park Committee will prepare a “wish list”.
bottles. Discarded and broken beer
bottles are a problem in and around
6. Malt Beverage license. A special hearing will be held on June 6, 2006, 8:00 p.m., for the purpose of approving or disapproving an application for renewal of the malt beverage license for The Bullet.
PARK COMMITTEE REPORT
park committee met on May 1, 2006. Berg
thanked Inglett for repairing the merry-go-round in
The park committee will host a food stand at the Tour de Kota in Garretson on June 13.
Motion by Karpen to adjourn, second by Benson.
The next regular meeting will be June 6, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.