December 1, 2020
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday December 1, 2020 @ 7:30pm.
Members Present: Lee Ellis, Gerry Karpen, Darrin Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Ellis called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda- motion by Karpen to approval the agenda, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes, motion carried.
Minutes of the November 3, 2020 meeting were read—Karpen made a motion to approve the minutes as read, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes, motion carried.
The Treasurers report was read—Karpen made a motion to approve the Treasurers report as read, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes, motion carried
Claims Approved to be paid:
Minnehaha Community Water $30.00 water, Xcel Energy $281.23 street lights, $28.40 park lights, $40.29 town hall lights, Gerry Karpen $100.00 zoning salary, $150.00 6x meetings, Garretson Gazette $156.60 appropriation ad, $20.28 Oct. minutes, Lee Ellis $150.00 for 5 meetings, Cheryl Swenson $250.00 clerk salary, $250.00 Treasurer salary, Darrin Trower $125.00 for 5 meetings, SDML $91.08 for 2021 dues.
1. Ordinance for tree pile—working on
2. Street gutters- tabled until April
1. Bullet Alcoholic beverage license- Karpen made a motion to accept the renewal of the Bullet Alcoholic Beverage License, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes, motion carried.
2. V-plow blade—Ellis has someone to take it.
3. Text messages for City functions—Ellis suggested to send out text messages to residents about road conditions and information about city through a group text when needed. Ellis would go around and get signatures from residents that wanted to be put on it. Motion by Karpen to do the group text for those who wanted it, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes, motion carried.
4. Clean eaves on city building—Ellis will get that done on Friday.
Karpen made a motion to adjourn, 2nd by Trower—all Ayes. Next regular meeting will be Tuesday January 5, 2021 @7:30pm.
Town Clerk Cheryl Swenson