March 5, 2019
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday March 5, 2019 @ 7:30 pm.
Members present: Lee Ellis, Gerry Karpen, Darrin Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Others present: Trev Dawley, Chandler Dawley, Bob Julson, and Kristy Trower.
Ellis called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda: Karpen made a motion to approve the agenda with these corrections- add on petitions, and abatement and move vacant lot on 110 Zeliff Ave to the top, 2nd by Trower.
1. Trev Dawley is interested in the lot on 110 Zeliff Ave. Discussion was held. Karpen will get back to Dawley on some questions the board couldn’t answer.
Minutes of the Feb. 5, 2019 was read and approved- motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
Treasurers report was read and approved-motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
Claims approved to be paid:
Xcel Energy $52.30 town hall lights, $28.33 park lights, 264.04 street lights. R&R Snow Removal $1,870.00 snowplow, $420.00 payloader. Lucas Swenson $32.50 snowplow. Palisades Propane $453.02 310 gals of propane. Garretson Gazette $31.33 Jan. minutes, $10.34 notice of vacancy x2, $7.90 notice of snow removal x2.
1. Planning Commission & Comprehensive Zoning- had to cancel March 9 meeting, setting up new date.
1. Notary—Board asked Swenson to become a notary and she agreed to. Karpen made a motion to proceed with Swenson becoming a notary, 2nd by Trower.
2. Street light—Karpen would like a street light on the corner of 2nd & Michigan St. He stated in the dark it is hard for people driving to see if there are any snow drifts and several people have gotten stuck on the road there. Motion for a street light on 2nd St & Michigan Ave by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
3. Mowing bids: Accepting mowing bids on Strom Park, Tiger Park, Town Hall & vacant lot and roadway. Bids need to be in by the April 2, 2019 meeting.
4. Annual Report—Swenson presented the Annual Report. Karpen made a motion to accept the Annual Report, 2nd by Trower—3 ayes.
5. Petions—received 2 petitions for the spots open—no election will be held.
6. Abatement: Ellis didn’t think this abatement was Sherman’s. Karpen made a motion to approve abatement, 2nd by Trower—2 ayes. Swenson will contact Minnehaha Court House on this.
Motion by Karpen to adjourn meeting, 2nd by
The next regular meeting will be Tuesday April 2, 2019 @ 7:30 pm.