Oct. 2, 2018
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, Oct 2, 2018 @7:30pm.
Members present: Gerry Karpen, Darren Trower and Cheryl Swenson.
Absent: Lee Ellis
Others present: Robin Berg, Sandee Sutton, Kristy Trower, Ellen Karpen and Kara Duncan.
Karpen called the meeting to order.
Approval of the agenda: motion by Karpen to accept the agenda, 2nd by Trower—2 ayes.
Minutes of the Sept meeting were read and approved with corrections to the discussion of Sales and Purchases—also discussed was Heinemann’s 18 month data entry, wage and hours. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—2 ayes.
Treasurers report was read and approved. Motion by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—2 ayes.
Claims approved to be paid: Minnehaha Community Water $30.0 water, Xcel Energy $263.49 street lights, $28.39 park lights, $36.56 town hall lights, Minnehaha County Treasurer $103.90 taxes for vacant property, Bill Benson $40.00 1x mowing, Robin Berg $30.00 1x mowing, Darren Trower $80.00 2x mowing Strom park, $60.00 2x mowing Tiger park, Team Tayden $100.00 donation.
1. Planning Commission and Comprehensive Zoning Plan- Kevin Swenson, Grant Duncan and Cheryl Swenson volunteered to be on committee. Karpen will get things set up.
2. Park clean-up- top is on playset. Merry-go-round top spinner is loose or broke and should still be under warranty. Karpen will make a call to where we bought it at.
1. Snow plow removal- Sandee Sutton requested that the snow plow lift its blade up when it goes in front of her garage because she does her sidewalks and drive way in the morning and he plows at night after she is done and leaves a big snow mound across her driveway. Will talk to plow guy to see what he can do. Robin Berg requested that the alleys between 1st and 2nd street, and 1st and Railroad get plowed.
2. Tree’s in Tiger park—Centennial tree is dead on one side and another one is losing needles and making a big mess in the park. Trower made a motion to cut down both trees down, 2nd by Karpen—2 ayes.
3. Trash cans in parks—discussion to stop trash service. Motion by Karpen to stop trash service, 2nd by Trower—2 ayes
Motion to adjourn by Karpen, 2nd by Trower—2
Next regular meeting is Nov. 6, 2018 @7:30pm.