November 6, 2012
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday November 6, 2012,
7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Lee Ellis, Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson and Robin Berg
Others present: LeRon Smit , Keith Gunderson, Kenneth and Linda Askren, Gerry and Ellen Karpen
Minutes of the October 2, 2012, meeting
was approved as read. Motion by;
The treasurerís report was approved
as read. Motion by;
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID:
Xcel Energy, street lights $236.96; park lights $17.76; town hall lights $29.54; Minnehaha Community Water, October Water $25.00; Anderson Publications, September Minutes $16.99; October Minutes $19.96; Notice of Vacancy $9.00; Ordinance #2012-1 $84.00; Gerry Karpen, Web Site $98.85; Grant Duncan, Grease & Fluid $45.99; Dakota Fluid Power, $271.96; Jesse James, 17.5 Gal of Gas;
1. Tornado Siren, electricians has been getting wiring done.
2. Centennial, Date has not been set.
3. Keith Gunderson is the new Zoning Administrator, Voted three ayes.
Update Sherman Equipment, Handouts of
recommendationsí from Benson were provided. Benson stated his reasons for
parting with the 340 Tractor and buying Bensons mower. Ellis
stated we would add mowing of the
waterway near the tree pile to the agenda for next year
town will not sell the Tractor. Ellis does not believe it should be
this time. Berg stated, there is a town Ordinance
that states if the town sells
personal property it will be sold to the highest bidder. See Ordinance 1.0405
5. Sherman Website is done new website is ShermanSDak.com. Need to update for new Zoning Administrator contact information.
6. Christmas Party date set for December 2 at 1:00 P.M.
OPEN FLOOR FOR OLD BUSINESS:
1. Bullet Alcoholic License date set for Dec 4, at 8:00 P.M.
Motion by; Ellis to adjourn, second by;