July 5th, 2011
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, July 5, 7:30 p.m. at the Sherman Town Hall with President Lee Ellis presiding.
Members present: Kara Duncan, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson, and Danessa Keener.
Others present: Robin Berg, Cathy Benson, Kevin Swenson, Sandy Sutton, Neil Winterton, Gerry and Ellen Karpen.
The Agenda was approved.
Minutes of the June 7, 2011 meeting were read and approved, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
The treasurerís report was read and approved, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
USPS, 44.00 for stamps; Department of Revenue, 150.00 for alcoholic beverage fee; Garretson Historical Society, 100.00 for donation to museum; Jesse James, 63.63 & 57.79 for gas; Xcel Energy, 232.08 for lights; Anderson Publications, 31.79 for May minutes; Cheryl Swenson, 59.99 & 18.43 for printer and ink; Minnehaha Water, 25.00 for water; Lucas Swenson, 120.00 for 4 x mowing; Lankota, 1855.18 for culverts & bans; Brian Berg, 120 for 4 x mowing; and Neil Winterton, 125.00 for 5 x mowing.
1. Appropriate place of disposal of concrete was tabled until the time that it is needed.
1. Revenue and Expenditures for July 2010 to June 2011 was presented and will look into more detail of the other category.
2. SDPAA survey will be completed when received.
3. Twenty year contract for Alliance Communications was presented for cable provider. Contract was renewed, motion by Duncan, second by Benson.
4. Light bulbs are needed in the fire hall, motion by Duncan; second by Benson to get replace bulbs.
5. Culverts will be put in as scheduled, motion by Duncan to proceed, second by Benson.
Motion by Duncan to adjourn, second by Benson.
Next regular meeting will be August 2, 20ll
Danessa Keener, Town Clerk