February 13, 2007
The Sherman Town Board met in regular
session Tuesday, February 13, 2007, 7:30 p.m. at the
††††† Members present:† Robin Berg, Sandee Sutton, Gerry Karpen, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
††††† Others present:† Neil Winterton, Toby Brown.
††††† Minutes of the January 2, 2007, meeting were read and approved with the following correction:† Trustees will be paid $15.00 per meeting attended in its entirety.†
††††† Minutes of the January 9, 2007 special session were read and approved with the following correction:† Sutton, not Karpen, stated that there were a number of issues that needed to be addressed.
††††† The treasurerís report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Argus Leader Media (formerly Prairie Publications), December meeting minutes and Notice of Vacancy, $87.30; Xcel Energy, electricity, $223.49; Palisades Propane, propane, $253.22; USPS, postage stamps, $7.80; Luke Bonte, 2.5 hrs plowing, $22.50; †Bill Benson, 2.5 hours plowing, $22.50; Colton Sign By Design, Sherman sign, $300.00.
Ordinances.† Toby Brown from the Southeastern Council of
Governments (SECOG) and Board members reviewed the City of
3. Nominating Petitions are due February 23.†
4. Fire Department.† Berg stated that she received a call from Mark Caauwe from the Garretson Fire Department regarding the status of the Sherman Fire Department.† Board members discussed possible options.† Tabled until next meeting.
5. Safety Benefits sent a letter listing three improvement suggestions for the City.† The first is to service the fire extinguishers.† Second is to replace the downspout on the southwest corner of the building.† Third is to properly store tools and equipment in the Fire Hall.† Tabled until next meeting to set target dates.
1. The Board of Equalization will meet on March 20, 2007, at 6:30 p.m.
2. Eric Rose contacted Berg regarding construction of a large building on his property to be used as an auction house.† Karpen will call him to advise that the first step will be to apply for a building permit.†
3. Snow removal.† Board members agreed pay Jacob Berg $9.00 per hour to shovel the sidewalk in front of Town Hall.
Sidewalks.† Winterton suggested that the sidewalks at
MCEDA.† Motion by Karpen, second by Berg, to appoint
Motion by Karpen to adjourn, second by Sutton.
The next regular meeting will be March 6, 2007, at 7:30 p.m.†††††††
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ann Thiel