September 5, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular
session Tuesday, September 5, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Gerry Karpen, Sandee Sutton, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
Others present: Neil Winterton, Ellen Karpen, John Eslinger, Dwana Eslinger, and Virgil Inglett.
Minutes of the August 1, 2006, meeting were read and approved.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, August meeting minutes, $35.28; Xcel Energy, $208.93; Waste Management, 2nd dumpster, $293.30; Brian Berg, 5 times mowing city lot, $125.00; Virgil Inglett, 3 times mowing Strom Park, $90.00; Neil Winterton, 5 times mowing North Park, $100.00; Bill Benson, 6 hours mowing and maintenance, $54.00; Garretson Hardware, paint and supplies for town hall, $98.22; SDPAA, property and liability insurance, $2151.94; Reker Repair, tractor tune-up, $393.01.
Playground. Volunteers are needed on September 16 &
17 to help clean
repairs. Leo Lou will resurface
3. Centennial Sign. Bonnie Koch is restoring the Centennial Sign.
4. Street light. A new street light has been installed at Summer Avenue and County Road 114.
5. Danrek Designs. Karpen will talk to the owner about rezoning the property to commercial.
6. Lumber yard. Berg has been unable to determine the address for the old lumber yard.
7. CD. $20,000.00 was transferred from the General Fund checking account to a 90-day CD.
1. 2007 Budget. The first reading of the 2007 Revenue and Expenditure Budget (Ordinance No. 2006-1) was completed.
permit. Motion by Sutton, second by Karpen,
to approve Guy Bakke’s building permit for moving a new, single-car garage to
his property at
3. Tires. The Board approved a check for $90.00 for Bill Benson to haul the tires that are stacked next to the garage behind the Town Hall to Manley Tire. The cost to dispose of them is $1.50 per tire.
4. City clean-up. Inglett suggested that instead of bringing in dumpsters for the city-wide clean-up next year, people should set items in front of their homes. A trash service could be hired to pick up the items.
5. Nuisance ordinance. Deidra Bonte is researching a nuisance ordinance for the City.
6. Whistle Stop weeds. Karpen received a complaint about the weeds around the old Whistle Stop. These will be removed during the park clean-up on September 16 & 17.
8. Propane contract. Thiel will call Palisade Propane regarding a contract for the 2006-2007 heating season.
Motion by Karpen to adjourn, second by Berg.
The next regular meeting will be October 3, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.