July 11, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular
session Tuesday, July 11, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Sandee Sutton, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
Members absent: Gerry Karpen
Others present: John Eslinger, Dwana Eslinger, Geraldine Inglett and Kevin Swenson.
Minutes of the June 6, 2006, meeting were read and approved with the following correction:
Payroll: Robin Berg, president, 6 regular meetings, 1 special session, plus $10.00 compensation for president, $115.00; Bill Benson, trustee, 5 regular meetings, 1 special session, $90.00; Gerry Karpen, trustee, 4 regular meetings, 1 special session, $75.00; Ann Thiel, town clerk, 6 months salary, $240.00; Cheryl Swenson, treasurer, six months salary, $150.00.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, June meeting minutes, $38.97, thank you note, $7.00, special meeting notice, $14.49; Xcel Energy, electricity, $194.53; Brian Berg, 5 times mowing city lot, $125.00; Virgil Inglett, 4 times mowing Strom Park, $120.00; Neil Winterton, 4 times mowing North Park, $100.00; Bill Benson, 1 regular meeting, $15.00; Ann Thiel, printer ink, $28.97; Waste Management, 2 dumpsters, $390.60; Garretson Hardware, paint for town hall, $47.98; Jesse James Country Store, 8.5 gallons gas; Department of Revenue and Regulation, malt beverage license, $125.00.
1. Planning Commission. Diedre Bonte will be present at the next board meeting.
2. Road repairs. Joe Vandersnick suggested we talk to Leo Lowell about grading on a regular basis and cleaning the culverts.
3. Alleys. Eldon Semmens will put gravel in the alleys, but they need to be leveled first.
equipment. The City of
5. Trash and camping. Bonte is researching ordinances regarding trash burning and camping.
1. Salaries. Motion by Sutton, second by Berg, to list salaries individually in the minutes.
3. Alley, Block 11. Eslinger’s confirmed that the lilac bushes they planted along the alley in block 11 are not on the neighbor’s property and that they have been mowing around the bushes.
Mosquitoes. K. Swenson suggested that the City spray for
mosquitoes. Berg stated that
5. Weed spraying. Sutton will procure weed killer for spraying the city streets.
6. Revenue and expenditures. Thiel presented the revenue and expenditures for July 2005 – June 2006.
Motion by Sutton to adjourn, second by Berg.
The next regular meeting will be August 1, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.