June 6, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular
session Tuesday, June 6, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
††††† Members present:† Robin Berg, Gerry Karpen, Sandee Sutton, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
††††† Others present:† John Eslinger, Dwana Eslinger, Geraldine Inglett and Virgil Inglett.
††††† Minutes of the May 2, 2006, meeting were read and approved.
††††† The treasurerís report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Payroll:† Town Clerk, $240.00; Treasurer, $150.00, Trustees, $280.00.
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, May meeting minutes, $39.82; Xcel Energy, electricity, $204.88; Brian Berg, 4 times mowing city lot, $100.00; Virgil Inglett, 4 times mowing Strom Park and 2 hours repair work, $140.00; Neil Winterton, 7 times mowing North Park and 2 hours road grading, $158.00; Garretson FFA, $300.00, donation; Vogt, Brown, Merry and Hammer, legal services, $424.00; Robin Berg, supplies, $106.51; Garretson Steak House, $50.00, gift certificate; City of Garretson, $100.00, bid on playground equipment.
1. Planning Commission.† Diedre Bonte has accepted a position on the Planning Commission.
2. Road repairs.† Berg is waiting to hear back from Joe Vandersnick.
3. Alleys.† Berg is waiting to hear back from Eldon Semmens regarding gravel for the alleys.
up day.† The Board wishes to thank
everyone for their participation in
permit.† There has been no further word
from Dean Wilson regarding the building permit application for
6. Abandonment of alley.† Berg stated that a decision was made not to pursue abandonment of the alley in Block 11 at this time.
7. First Trust Bank.† A resolution was signed by board members to replace Bill Benson with Sandee Sutton as signer on the accounts.
1. Thank you.† The Board approved purchase of a $50.00 gift certificate for the Garretson Steak House as a thank you gift to Bill Benson.
2. Playground equipment.† Motion by Karpen, second by Sutton, to bid $100.00 on Garretsonís old playground equipment.
3. Trash burning.† Berg has received complaints about the burning of garbage.† Sutton talked to Toby Brown of SECOG regarding a trash ordinance.
Camping.† Berg reported that some people have been
camping in an RV on the Whistle Stop property.†
She didnít believe
5. Malt Beverage License.† Motion by Karpen, second by Sutton, to approve the application for renewal of the malt beverage license for The Bullet.
PARK COMMITTEE REPORT
††††† Motion by Karpen to adjourn, second by Sutton.
The next regular meeting will be July 11, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ann Thiel