March 7, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, March
7, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
††††† Members present:† Robin Berg, Bill Benson, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
††††† Others present:† Geraldine Inglett, Sandee Sutton, John Eslinger, Dwana Eslinger, Dean† Wilson.
††††† Absent:† Gerry Karpen
††††† Minutes of the February 7, 2005, meeting were read and approved with the following corrections:
††††††††††† Gerry Karpen was absent.
Eldon Simmons, not Eldon Swenson, was paid $168.30 for grading
††††† The treasurerís report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, February meeting minutes and notice of vacancy, $39.08, Xcel Energy, electricity, $241.84; Jesse James, diesel fuel, $79.45; SDML, workers comp. insurance, $730.00; SDML, membership dues, $48.10.
1. Safety Benefits.† Target dates have been set for placing pea gravel under the swing set, and removal of the slide.†
2. 2006 Mowing.† Bids are still requested for mowing the Fire Hall lot.†
3. Minnehaha County Ambulance District.† Tabled to next meeting.
4. Centennial Sign.† Tabled to next meeting.
5. Cabinets.† Thiel has begun cleaning the cabinets in the Town Hall.
6. Wall.† Berg and Sutton will paint the new wall in the Town Hall.
7. Nathan Bergh property.† The title company may require that the City vacate the alley in block in order for the garage on the back of the lot to stay where it is.† Thiel will call Dean Hammer, attorney, to find out what the procedure is for doing this
8. Abandoned vehicles.† They are gone.
1. Annual Report.† The 2005 Annual Report was presented to the Board by Thiel.
2. Board of Equalization.† A meeting of the Board of Equalization needs to be held in March.† Thiel will pick up the property assessment role and appeal forms from the County on March 8, and make sure the meeting is scheduled.
3. Town Board vacancy.† One nominating petition was received from Sandee Sutton for a three-year term as Trustee. No election will be required.† Sutton will be sworn in at the May meeting.† The position commences on June 6, 2006.
hill.† Benson reported that
property, southeast corner of
PARK COMMITTEE REPORT
††††† Berg stated she will begin working on grant applications for playground equipment this summer.† John and Dwana Eslinger volunteered to be on the Committee.† Berg will schedule meetings.† Thiel noted that the 2006 Recreation budget includes $10,000 for playground equipment.
††††† Motion by Berg to adjourn, seconded by Benson.
††††† The next regular meeting will be April 4, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.
††††† ††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ann Thiel