The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, November
7, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
††††† Members present:† Robin Berg, Sandee Sutton, Gerry Karpen, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
††††† Others present:† Ellen Karpen, Terry Tronson.
Minutes of the October 3, 2006, meeting were read and approved with the following correction:
Vandersnick is looking into digging up areas of
The treasurerís report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, October meeting minutes, $39.54, Appropriation Ordinance, $70.22; Xcel Energy, electricity, $219.13; Garretson Hardware, spray paint, $25.78; Palisade Propane, propane, $296.99; SDML Workers Comp Fund, workers compensation insurance, $661.00; South Dakota Municipal League, election workshop, $15.00; Bill Benson, mowing and clean-up, $45.00; Brian Berg, 1 time mowing city lot, $25.00; Virgil Inglett, mowing and leaf pick-up at Strom Park, $80.00; Jesse James, 12.3 gallons of gas, $27.52.†
1. Lumber yard.† The Board assigned
2. Workers Comp Insurance.† The renewal worksheet was returned, and the bill has been paid for 2007 coverage.
3. Ambulance District.† Terry Tronson from
the Minnehaha County Ambulance Association was present to discuss the formation
of a Minnehaha County Ambulance District for tax purposes.† The Minnehaha County Commission is requesting
that this be done, and the Commission may form an Ambulance Task Force to
research the issue.† The Ambulance
Association is funded by the County through 2007.† Tronson requested a
letter of intent from the City of
4. Maintenance.† Karpen repaired the leaky sink, fixed the garage door, and cleaned up the Whistle Stop corner.† †
5. Culverts.† Berg will call Vandersnick
about cleaning the culverts on
Workshop.† Thiel will attend the
Municipal Election Workshop presented by the South Dakota Municipal League in
4. CD.† The 90-day CD will be cashed in.
Comp.† Insurance Benefits, Inc., sent a notice that according to
7. Property Clean-up.† Thiel will call Dean Hammer to find out the procedure for billing property owners for the cost of cleaning up vacant property.
Hearing.† A special hearing will be held
at 8 p.m. December 5 at the
Motion by Sutton to adjourn, second by Karpen.
The next regular meeting will be December 5, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.†
††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Ann Thiel