October 3, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, October
3, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Sandee Sutton, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
Member absent: Gerry Karpen
Others present: Dwana Eslinger, Margaret Pritchard and Toby Brown.
Minutes of the September 5, 2006, meeting were read and approved.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, September meeting minutes, $37.26; Xcel Energy, electricity, $204.78; Bill Benson, tire removal, $90.00 and $50.00; Brian Berg, 2 times mowing city lot, $50.00; Virgil Inglett, 2 times mowing Strom Park, $60.00; Neil Winterton, 3 times mowing North Park, $60.00; Garretson FFA, park equipment removal, $500.00; Jesse James, 12.5 gallons of gas, $38.07.
Park. The Garretson FFA is repairing the playground
equipment. Jo will be looking into how
to move the equipment to
yard. The post office has the address
for the old lumber yard as 341 Zeliff, however, this does not line up with
other addresses. Thiel will call
3. Tires. Bill Benson moved the tires to Manley Tire. The quantity of tires exceeded the estimate, and an additional $50.00 was required to pay for disposal.
4. Propane contract. Palisade Propane is requesting a pre-pay amount of $1.479 per gallon. If paid after each fill, the contract amount would be $1.529 per gallon. Due to falling fuel prices, the Board decided to postpone approval. Berg will call Palisade Propane regarding the contract. Thiel reported that with installation of the new garage door, propane usage last season was nearly half of the amount for the previous season.
Ordinances. Toby Brown from the Southeastern Council of
Governments (SECOG) reviewed the procedure for the City adopting additional
ordinances. He provided Board members
with a copy of the City of
Ordinance No. 2006-1: 2007 Revenue and Expenditure Budget – second reading. The ordinance was approved.
1. Snow removal. Neil Winterton, Bill Benson and Luke Bonte will be responsible for snow removal this winter.
2. Mail. Motion by Berg, second by Sutton, to assign mail pickup to Thiel.
3. Workers Comp Fund. Thiel will call to get the deadline for returning the renewal worksheet and to find out how previous year’s estimates were determined.
4. Minutes. Berg requested that Thiel try to get the minutes published the week following the meeting.
5. Dog ordinance. Eslinger reported a yellow dog that was knocking over their garbage can. The Board instructed her to call the sheriff to report the problem.
Motion by Sutton to adjourn, second by Berg.
The next regular meeting will be November 7, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.