January 3, 2006
The Sherman Town Board met in regular session Tuesday, January
3, 2006, 7:30 p.m. at the
Members present: Robin Berg, Bill Benson, Gerry Karpen, Cheryl Swenson and Ann Thiel.
Others present: Neil Winterton.
Minutes of the December 6, 2005, meeting were read and approved.
The treasurer’s report was read and approved.
CLAIMS APPROVED TO BE PAID
Minnehaha Community Water Corp, water, $22.50; Prairie Publications, December meeting minutes, $28.50, Christmas Party ad, $24.00; Xcel Energy, electricity, $409.02; Palisades Propane, $589.09; Southeastern Council of Government, dues, $162.00; Neil Winterton, 10 hours snow removal, $90.00; Sunshine Floral, flowers, $37.10.
1. Wall repair. Work is progressing quickly on the wall repair.
2. Garage door. The new garage door has been installed.
County Ambulance District. Karpen talked
to Tom Lines of Garretson and Barb Angerhofer, president of the Minnehaha
County Ambulance District. Karpen will
attend a Minnehaha County Commissioners meeting, which is open to the public,
on January 24th, 7 p.m., at the
1. 2006 Mowing. Tabled until the next meeting.
2. Abandoned vehicles. Berg called the Minnehaha County Sheriff’s office regarding ticketing of abandoned vehicles, but was unable to determine if this could be done. She will be calling them again.
Contract for the
4. 2006 Salaries. A motion was made by Karpen, seconded by Benson, to increase the Town Clerk’s salary to $480.00 per year. Following are the salaries for 2006:
President: $15.00 per meeting plus $20.00 per year
Trustees: $15.00 per meeting
Town Clerk: $480.00 per year
Treasurer: $300.00 per year
Motion by Karpen to adjourn, seconded by Benson.
The next regular meeting will be February 7, 2006, at 7:30 p.m.